Let the benevolent Horned nature spirit of Summer add a peaceful touch to your home or garden!
- Celtic Cernunnos, the horned god of ancient pagan, druidic, and neo-pagan belief, represents vitality, the hunt, and fertility and possibly dates back to Paleolithic times. The horns represent his domain over the woodlands, his association with the bull and ram, symbolize the crescent moon, and represents the increase in all things and waxing fertility.
- Other deities analogous to him are Herne the Hunter; Pan, the Greek god of the woodlands; Janus, the Roman god; Tammuz and Damuzi; Osiris, the Egyptian lord of the underworld; Dionysus, the Greek god of vegetation and the vine; and the Celtic god Esus. He is also seen as the sun, eternally hunting the moon across the sky. He has no association with the Devil.
- Detailed resin casting shows verdant summer with ripe red berries and lush green leaves. Bronzed finish gives the cool look of metal.
- This would be a unique decorative accent for any room in your home, or for your patio or garden! If it will be displayed outdoors, we recommend spraying the plaque with a protective clear-coat before exposing to the elements!
- Plaque measure roughly 6 ½” w x 6”h and 1 inch deep.