Let the benevolent
Horned nature spirit of the changing seasons
add a peaceful touch to your home or garden!
- Celtic Cernunnos, the horned god of ancient pagan, druidic, and neo-pagan belief, represents vitality, the hunt, and fertility and possibly dates back to Paleolithic times. The horns represent his domain over the woodlands, his association with the bull and ram, symbolize the crescent moon, and represents the increase in all things and waxing fertility.
- Other deities analogous to him are Herne the Hunter; Pan, the Greek god of the woodlands; Janus, the Roman god; Tammuz and Damuzi; Osiris, the Egyptian lord of the underworld; Dionysus, the Greek god of vegetation and the vine; and the Celtic god Esus. He is also seen as the sun, eternally hunting the moon across the sky. He has no association with the Devil.
- Detailed resin castings progress in age through the seasons ~ youthful spring with lavender flowers, red ripe summer berries, autumn oak leaves and wheat of the harves, and wizened winter with holly leaves, berries & pine boughs. Bronzed finish gives the cool look of metal.
- These would be a unique decorative accent for any room in your home, or for your patio or garden! If these will be displayed outdoors, we recommend spraying them with a protective clear-coat before exposing to the elements!
- Plaques measure roughly 6” x 7” and 1 inch deep.