Add an unique architectural touch to your decor with our
cast iron and marble Griffin Statue
- For millennia these magnificient beasts have been depicted as having the head, forelegs, and wings of an eagle, and the hindquarters, and tail of a lion. The duality of their nature, the speed and penetrating vision of the eagle with the strength and courage of the lion, have led them to become the symbol for such diverse things as Jesus, Satan or the devil, the Holy Grail, the sun, the Hounds of Zeus, Persia to the Jews, Alexander the Great, Nemesis, the goddess of retribution and fortune, Zorastrianism, as well as the US Marine Helicopter Squadron (HMM-26).
- A beautiful, unique way to add a Gothic Art Deco touch to your decor! Reminiscient of statues in the movies Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, and The Never Ending Story!
- The rich black & white marble bases with verdigris cast iron gargoyle statues will be a decorative accent and a conversation piece in any room in your home!
- Statue measures 9 inches high, 6 inches wide, and 2 ½ inches deep.
- Would also make great bookends as a pair!
- Makes a wonderful GIFT for any mythology or medieval architecture lover!